Hopp til innhold
- The city of Drammen was founded in 1811 as the two towns of Strømsø and Bragernes were united.
- The city shield was originally created in 1715. It says "In fide et justitia fortitudo" (From faith and justice comes strength).
- The old part of the city hall was sketched by Nils S. Eckhoff and was built in 1871.
- The mayor (“ordfører”) of Drammen is Mr. Tore Opdal Hansen, representing the Conservative Party.
- The city is run by a coalition consisting of The Conservative Party, the Progress Party and The Christian People's Party.
- The City council consists of 49 representatives.
- Chief municipal executive (“rådmann”) is Mr. Trond Julin.
- The municipality of Drammen employs approximately 4300 people and 3350 man-labour years.
- The budget is 3.4 billion NOK.
- The total area of Drammen is 145.2 square kilometres, including 9.5 square kilometres of lakes and rivers, 15.8 square kilometres of farming land and 89.9 square kilometres of forest.
- The population is approximately 68,000 (2016), which makes Drammen the 9th biggest city in Norway.
- Drammen is located in the county of Buskerud, 40 kilometers and 35 minutes south-west of Oslo.